Urban Design Group are committed to maintaining a high level of environmental care. We aim to achieve this through teamwork, communication, and continuous improvements.
Urban Design Group commit to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, codes and guidelines.
- Establish environmental objectives and targets.
- Continually seek to improve all areas of our operations and processes to help minimise our environmental footprint.
- Introduce practices that help to minimise waste by focusing on the use of sustainable or recycled products where possible ie. recycled composite slats.
- Measure and monitor environmental performance to allow us to review and provide continuous improvement.
- All timber staining products are water based to reduce chemical footprint.
- All metal off cuts, including stainless steel, aluminium and mild steel are separated and recycled accordingly.
- Complete factory fit out of LED lighting and solar panels.
Quality Control Policy
Urban Design Group are committed to ensuring their products and services fully meet the requirements of their customers at all times.
Our manufacturing procedures are continuously reviewed to ensure we always provide the highest level of workmanship. Relevant safety standards are closely monitored and maintained in all aspects of our processes.
Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Urban Design Group recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, clients and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that the organisation’s operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage.
Urban Design Group will:
- Ensure employees are provided with a working environment that is safe and without risk to health;
- Implement and maintain safe systems of work;
- Consult with all employees on OH&S matters;
- Take reasonable steps to ensure risks are controlled at the workplace;
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of measures to protect employees;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards;
- Provide employees with necessary information, instruction, training and supervision.
Managers are accountable for implementing this policy in their area of responsibility.
Managers are responsible for:
Gathering information to determine:
- The safety at each site;
- The tasks to be undertaken by the employee at the workplace;
- The qualifications and experience required by the employee to perform the work adequately and safety at the workplace;
- Evaluate, monitor and review the OH&S systems and workplace to ensure it is providing and maintaining to the employee a work environment that is safe and without risk to health;
- Determine adequacy of risk control measures and if required negotiate change;
- Consult with employees in the development, promotion and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that on-hired employees receive training in the safe performance of their assigned tasks;
- The provision of resources to meet the health and safety commitment.
Employees are to:
- Report all identified hazards, near misses and injuries to your manager;
- Participate in skills development and training to actively improve competencies;
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Follow safe work procedures as set down by the company.
Urban Design Group is committed to consultation and co-operation between management and employees. The organisation will consult with employees in any workplace change that may affect the health and safety.