What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers. This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.urbandesigngroup.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties. We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing. When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive InformationSensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Third PartiesWhere reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal InformationYour Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal InformationYour Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Urban Design Group will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
What are cookiesCookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
- to enable certain functions of the Service
- to provide analytics and track how you use the site including gathering data via the use of Google Analytics. This includes the gathering of data for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
- to store your preferences
- to enable advertisements delivery including on Google, Facebook, Instagram and any of their partnering networks (including the Google Display Network). This includes ads using Google remarketing, search, display or video ads & Facebook/Instagram ads & retargeting, as well as any behavioral/interest-based advertising. It also includes the use of Google Analytics data, including the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting, for the purposes of displaying ads.
For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data please view: policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Third-party cookiesIn addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on. Third party vendors, including Google and Facebook, may use these third party cookies, web beacons and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from the Service (and elsewhere on the Internet) and use that data to provide measurement services and to serve ads, including ads based on past visits to the Service.
Where can you find more information about cookies
- AllAboutCookies: www.allaboutcookies.org
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org
- You can also use a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to prevent data from being used by Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- You can also control the use of device identifiers by using your device settings: support.google.com/ads/answer/1660762#mob